Sunday, November 11, 2012

Relief Society to Nursery

Well, my days in the Relief Society have come to an end for now.  I have really loved serving as the education counselor (organizing Sunday lessons and meetings) with our past two presidents, Candice and Christy.  I have learned the importance of teaching pure doctrine, helping people feel valuable, and most importantly, how to love each sister.  I will miss our presidency meetings and the unity I felt with those sisters.  I will miss looking out at the faces of 60 women who need the gospel in their lives, and try each day to live it.  I am grateful for the opportunity I had to know and love the women in my church and neighborhood.

And it's a good thing I have their support, because I have now been called to serve as our ward nursery leader!  Our ward is composed of 3 apt/town home complexes of primarily young families.  That means LOTS of little kids :)  We have 85 children, age 18mo- 2 years on our rolls.  And, we have just about 100% attendance in the nursery.   (You should see our Primary!!!) There are 4 nurseries, and lots of busy little kiddos!  When the Bishop called me to serve in the nursery I said "Toys, songs, and snacks?  I've been called to the right place!"  Last week was my first Sunday and I came home wiped out!   The 2 hours FLIES by!

I hope that I can help these kids love coming to church and have positive experiences with us there.  I know that Heavenly Father loves little children.  I am excited to befriend each child there and hopefully practice the most basic principles of the gospel with them!

3 comments:

Tara said...

85?!?!!? wow! that's so crazy! Good luck with your new calling, sounds like it's a big one!

Emily Holden said...

Good luck with nursery! You'll be great! I have a new appreciation for those nursery leaders now that Andrew's in there.

Noelle said...

You know what would complete this post? That photo you sent me by text from nursery.....