Monday, May 5, 2014

A Little Update

This past week has been Cra-zay.  Really.  We went to Orlando for 3 days, and to Savannah, Georgia as a day trip.  On top of that was cleaning the house, laundry (which is a thing here), 2 yr photo shoot for T girl, visiting teaching, planning and executing a birthday party, and for Scott, a few papers, group projects and presentations and of course, his 8-5 work schedule. Needless to say I am taking it easy today, uploading photos, cleaning up and definitely catching up on my sewing!  I'll likely do a post on each of these events, but in the meantime...

We LOVED Savannah!  And there is a $1.50 shuttle from the airport into town, so it makes for a really nice day trip!!


Tatum knew it was her birthday and ate it up!  Whip cream and sprinkles for breakfast? Yes please!  She would hardly let us take off her party hat for church.  What a little gem.
 And her "Birthday Cake."  Personal fruit pizzas worked great for a kid/adult party because the kids could do Funfetti sprinkles on sugar cookies and the adults loved the fruit with glaze!  Actually, Tatum did too!
I just finished a bedding set for a client in Hawaii-- I adore her prints!  New York Threads is busier than ever!!



4 comments:

Heather said...

what a whirlwind! Glad to see you guys livin it up!

kp said...

It wouldn't have been so busy if you hadn't left visiting teaching till the end of the month. Just kidding. Um, I love the print of of the changing pad. What is it?

Tara said...

LOVE that changing pad! My sister-in-law is somewhat Hawaiian and had all Hawaiian prints for my niece--SO colorful and fun!

Julie T said...

What a fun post! That is a great picture of Tatum with her pancakes! Personally, I'd frame that one for her room! Love that she's a celebrator and took to her hat so strongly! I'm sure glad you love the creative process so much and that all this work brings such fulfillment! :)