Thursday, October 27, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMA!

My mom has a LOT of great qualities that I will just touch on today. Mom, I hope you have a wonderful day and feel showered with love today!

My mom has a LOT of great qualities that I will just touch on today. Mom, I hope you have a wonderful day and feel showered with love today!

I think it is safe to say that when I am thrilled, my mom is thrilled! And when I am devastated, she is maybe twice as devastated. She really yearns for my happiness and will do anything she can to make my life richer.

One thing my mom and I really have in common is that we give and receive love in the same ways. That has worked out really nicely for me, since I have a primo example of how to show people that I love them! She showed our family how anticipate ways we can serve others, before they even know they want to be served! She goes out of her way to give useful gifts no matter the occasion. She is the epitome of a visiting teacher in that she really wants the well being of the sisters, instead of just getting in the door to see them each month.

It sometimes BAFFLES me how my mom remembers every detail about every friend or teacher I’ve ever told her about. She has a memory like a rat trap and she uses it to devise creative ways that she could help us or even sometimes ways that we can help our friends or those in need. She will sometimes ask me about people I haven’t been in touch with for years, and she sincerely wants the best for them.

My mom and I confide in each other. It’s nice when we “get” how each other think and can help each other come up with ways to present various proposals or break bad news, or whatever the situation may be.

My sister Heather wrote earlier today about how my mom takes care of my Dad so well, enabling him to serve so many. For as long as I can remember, she has sacrificed time with him so that he can comfort, counsel and help others. This definitely isn’t easy, but she continually supports him in both his work and church responsibilities.

She is always helping people who are generally in the same position as herself, but I think it is pretty unique that she really befriends those who are in a different phase of life than she is, or have different lifestyles or interests. She has a knack for helping the elderly and can always find things to chat about even when I think it’s impossible. She has recently taken up helping a new mother of triplets on a weekly basis. When my mom gets in a new situation, she gets to work and she works until the job is done.

Something that has taken on more value to me since being married is her ability to do “first things first.” That phrase drove me CRAZY while living at home, but her mentality and diligence to do her priorities first has really stuck with me. Who knew that finishing all my homework and doing flashcards before watching I Love Lucy would make an impression!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!

1 comment:

NatalieD said...

You have been blessed with a very amazing mother indeed!