Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Did you think I fell off the face of the earth?

Because I kind of did.
We got home and it was LAUNDRY time.
Then we had a healthy stream of guests which was lovely and kept us very busy.
Scott had a birthday, which is always a good time...
and basically, I've sort of been too overwhelmed with my hundreds/thousands of images from our trip, that don't even know where to begin. (Good thing Costco ran a great deal on a TERAbite external hard drive!)

We never EVER regret it when we travel.

This trip was no exception: we were on the move from one adventure to the next and loved every second of it.
I LOVE exploring new parts of the world and learning to appreciate the differences and commonalities in all people, cultures, and lands. I know Heavenly Father loves us because He created this BEAUTIFUL earth for us to explore and enjoy!

Plitvice, Croatia (this image has NOT been enhanced. can you believe it?)
Our day on Mljet (island near Dubrovnik in the south of Croatia) was possibly our favorite spot. It was so relaxed and just calm everywhere. We went out to an old monastery on its own island and took a swim before renting the moto to see a bit more of the island.
Scott already loved Budapest and he was sure a handy tour guide for me! We only had 2 days there, but it was a highlight for sure! Both the Buda and Pest sides of the city are rich with history, staircases, and good food :)
Rovinj is part of the Istrian peninsula that really blew us away! Scott went scuba diving there and LOVED it, and this snapshot was taken during a break from our bike ride! This passerby saw us talking and was like "oh my gosh, give me your camera and act natural, you look soooo cute!"

We have some pretty funny stories so maybe I will post a few a day for a while in efforts to share about our trip, but not bore you... thoughts?

3 comments:

Leanna said...

Must see more! Those pics are amazing Steph!!! Seriously...if you can carve out the time...do share! Your trip makes me want to go there and discover for myself. Amazing!

Anonymous said...

Love your posts!

Allison Tanner said...

i would love to hear more about your trip! it looks absolutely beautiful!