So, its official. We are the luckiest. I was on the phone with our landlord the other day and mentioned that we are still looking for a kitchen table. Well turns out they had an extra (new, might I add) black table with six chairs and a leaf just cluttering up their basement. The next thing we know, we have the table and all six chairs in our front room. Can you believe they are loaning it to us for free?
I got a job :)
That's how I feel about that!
I'm going to start tomorrow morning with an organization called Hearts for Home Health. It is a home health program, believe it or not! I will be a "team coordinator" which at this point seems like I'll liaise between the hospital and patients/families as they adjust to living with their condition at home. Part of it is also a hospice program.
Here's what I like about the job:
- It is about 6 minutes from home, saves on time and gas!
- It is 4 minutes from Scott's work, which makes for great lunch breaks!
- I will work in a nice office environment and wear professional clothes (Maybe I won't like that so much two weeks in...)
- The pay is descent. Not great, but good.
- I am already scheduled to get 2 weeks off in July for the cruise (and hopefully 1 day of Snowbird :)
It took a while, and I am kind of crazy after having spent 3 months bound up in the apartment, so I am glad to get going! Hopefully I will pick up on the medical terminology quickly!