Friday, November 18, 2011

!!!THE NEWS!!!

On Tuesday night, I had a very vivid dream. I will spare you the details, but the bottom line is that it was a BOY! With very red hair. He looked exactly like Scott, but in baby form. He even had enough hair to use Paul Mitchell shaping cream and do the side spike just like Scott :)

Then on Wednesday at work, I picked up a starburst from a co-workers desk. It was the fun size- the kind with 2 starbursts inside. Well when I got back to my desk and finished my current project, I treated myself to the starburst. And guess what? I opened it up and what did I find? 2 PINKS! I was sure it was an omen.

Which of these omens was right?


Trust the Starburst!

Sometimes they tell you it's a girl and then a month later it is suddenly a boy- so I asked the ultrasound tech how sure she was.... She said she was 99.99% sure it is a girl! The baby was moving around a bunch (Due to my OJ drinking fest that afternoon) and all 3 of us were very confident it's a girl!


Let's just say I am going to get REALLY good at sewing ruffles and working with lace :) I am pleased as punch!


That being said, my mom had some really sound advice she gave me over the phone before the appointment. She reminded me that this baby is not a doll for me to dress up and decorate, but a special gift from Heavenly Father who is being given to Scott and me to teach, inspire, encourage and love. I sure get excited about the fun projects in my future, but more than anything, I feel so blessed to be given such an incredible gift and responsibility. Wow.


The last fun tidbit from the ultrasound: When the ultrasound machine first went on my belly, our baby girl was moving her left arm up and down. Scott was so proud "The baby is waving at me!" Scott is very excited for her to come out and play :) He makes sure that I eat healthy and don't make my showers too hot- "we can't have her coming out as scrambled eggs!"


We don't know what to do about names... any ideas?

6 comments:

NatalieD said...

I like Hattie or Jane. Or how about Natalie?

Sandra and Brent said...

Doesn't Sandra Hathaway have a lovely ring to it? ;)

NatalieD said...

What about Scotnie?

Marianne & Eddie said...

Stefanie!! Probably my favorite post yet :) So happy for you guys. & I love your mom's advice- everyone should be reminded of that. I think Ruby is cute :)

Margene said...

I am thrilled you are having a girl. Little girls are so much fun but little boys are special to their moms. I really don't have a favorite sex. I can just see her in in ruffleds and lace from her toes all the way to her little nose. Just pray for a healthy baby, and all else will fall in to place.

JacqueRae said...

i know how much you and i both love the name paisley and being as rob won't let me use it, i think you should!