Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday


I just read a fantastic post by my friend and Jerusalem roommate Amy, who wrote about Good Friday.

Good Friday is not a happy holiday, but the bitter that makes Easter so sweet.


I have walked the
where Christ walked on the day of greatest betrayal, cruelest irony, most immense lonliness and desparity, and yet through it all, the day of the most immeasurable love!


I remember waking up Easter morning in Jerusalem two years ago, feeling so elated and truly thrilled that Christ is risen! Rejoicing that He is my King and through Him I can have utmost happiness both on earth and in life to come! I think I felt that emotion so strongly because I learned and sorrowed so deeply in rememberence of His crucifixion. I love that as a Latter-Day Saint, I focus on His ressurection and life, but recognize that the joy of Easter morning comes only in and through the agonizing sorrow of Gethsemane and Golgotha.


The Savior of the world was given death by the people He had given life. The hands which healed the sick and caused the blind to see, were pierced with iron nails.


Amy said it perfectly, "Never before or since has triumph looked so much like defeat."I cherish the principles I learned and the feelings I felt in Jerusalem.


And most of all, I cherish my Savior who died that we might live!

No comments: