Friday, May 6, 2011

Cinco De Mayo

Is this not my fastest turn around time yet? The party was last night and the post is already up! I am shocked.

Well as the text invite said,

"No time for Siesta, it's time to FIESTA!"



Every good party has good food. So we did our best:


a href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgr3JQvR2RaA9QUcTJznR2kUg1d-1NcbEDVFnv_Vw3K_Y1eSud4x2uTGIp91QMyHqzb1qTf5KwzeUy-4Yu3pjwqGZo2vKEpOu8raJLMqS_N1LcPDoVzE6ctgtS6B8byBAK7533tE3E3uDDh/s1600/IMG_4101.JPG"> My goal was to have a tres leches (i think it should actually be cuatro leches, since I put in 4 milks...) cake that was NOT saugy. And I think that goal was achieved :)
Mexican Limeade. This was a new recipe where you blend the rind into the drink and include sweet and condensed milk (probs to offset the bitter rind). It was still a bit bitter so we just added more and more sugar until it was delcioso.
At 10 limes/ $1, I bought a few extra limes for decor and to freeze and use as ice in the drink. Maria's Corn Salsa! This recipe is from my friend Ali's mom Marie, so it was very convienient to give her credit for the best corn salsa anyone has ever tasted.
Luckily a friend at work had TONS of tissue paper flowers from past fiestas that she let me borrow.
Korine was our token Mexican at the party:
(BTW, she said that, not me.)

AND, the highlight of the party:

A limbo contest! With a cash prize. I wanted to win soooo bad to fund a Jamba this weekend, but

Rachel won. The pregnant girl WON the limbo contest!




How cool is that?



Dane, Korine and little Vaughn


Charlie, Carolyn, and little Charlie :)


Craig and Rachel


and


James and Kylie (not pictured)


Hasta el próximo año!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Wow - great party! We had tacquitos and fried icecream, but were short on friends. Next year.

Noelle said...

QWWhWhat a fun time! You two are great co-hosts. I love the big flowers--great decoration and I'd love you to post the recipes as links to what you made! *esp the corn salsa!*

Alison Spencer said...

I'm glad the corn salsa was such a hit! I'll be sure and let my mom know that her recipe is appreciated. :)

Whit said...

So fun! I hate missing out... but you guys are awesome and we miss you!