Friday, May 13, 2011

I have a Green Thumb

I have had a long time dream of being a gardner. And it all started this week. I have been waiting aaallllllll of winter for this day- the day I could plant my garden :)





We only bought 1 bag of potting soil, so we had to go out with a hammer and salad server (so we don't have gardening tools) to dig up some mulch. See that dirt next to the cars. There is less of it now...
While we were planting, Scott got a bit confused, thinking he is the master gardner and I am the assistant. Sorry Babe, other way around! We have rosemary, thyme and oregano in the box!



Tomato:

Basil:

Just FYI- I'm not sure a patio garden is cost effective. So if you're looking to plant on a budget, you better not buy planter boxes, potting soil, or any $3.33 plants like we did. We could probably buy herbs all year with the money we spent on this experience. But hey, we are GROWING things and beautifying our patio, and we will eat a lot a LOT of fresh pesto. With all this tomato and basil, I feel some ensalada caprese coming on!

2 comments:

Shawna said...

Your garden looks great! sunny Utah will make those plants thrive!

Alison Spencer said...

I'm glad you're growing a garden! I'm jealous. Just because your comment on my latest post sounded really stressed let me just tell you that I was at a safari park in Virginia. It costs about $15 and as Jen so aptly described it, it's like a zoo except without the fences around the herbivores. Crazy! If you're ever in VA--go!