Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Glenwood Springs, CO x 3

I guess our Glenwood Springs trip is sort of tradition :)

I'm kind of confused because we usually don't like going back to the same place when there is always more world to discover. But, those hot springs in Glenwood just keep calling us back. We found some new things to do this trip, but I think we both secretly love going there where we know what to expect and know we will love it! Back to the Silver Spruce Motel! They serve our favorite biscuits and gravy in the morning. They also have the best Belgian waffles!
We know our bed at home is really bad when the motel bed feels like a dream and we don't wake up with a back ache!

In the morning, we head to the Spa of the Rockies at about 7:30 am to stake out our chairs and get set up for the day. We bought a cooler for this trip, so legit, we know. We had cold water and non-melted gushers all day long!


And we finally made it to the hot springs at night. Floating on our backs and watching the stars was a dream. I couldn't recommend it more highly!


We took a walk through the park, to break up the day at the hot springs


And checked out the whitewater park where people go to practice their fancy tricks. That guy on the paddle board took a beer out with him, drank it, and then crushed the can and put it in his pocket. He thought he was hott stuff!
We almost ate at Juicy Lucy Steakhouse, but after 40 minutes of waiting to be seated, some people inside came out saying that it had been an hour since they ordered their food, and they still hadn't eaten! So, we decided to save some time and money and have pizza and salad instead!
And the highlight for me was:
Biking!
The trails were just so gorgeous and it felt so good to get out and get moving! I wish I had the patience to upload a video that would show you how fast I pedaled up the hills. Scott was shocked! Let's be honest, I surprised myself too, but I just loved feelin the burn!

Glenwood Springs has treated us well for the third consecutive year. Can't wait until we go back again!

3 comments:

Kimberly Moore said...

Love it! How do you guys find all of these secret spots?! I think it's time for a Hathaway/Moore adventure..we're thinking about hiking the subway again or some other adventure by the end of the summer. I think you two should join in!

Carly said...

So jealous! Have you done the Hanging Lake hike? Look it up next time, it's a winner.

Noelle said...

You guys are really getting out there and doing things with your weekends. I LOVE it! :) Looks like so much fun.