Sunday, July 17, 2011

Tour De Donut 2011

Well, we did it! Saturday morning found us biking 21 miles and eating lots of donuts!
Thanks to friends for lending us bikes and helmets, we got to do one practice ride on Thursday night, and then race on Saturday! We definitely felt the burn, but I am happy to say that I never got tooo tired or felt like I was going to die. I guess my mornings with Jillian Michaels have paid off :) My Hairspray soundtrack got me through the rough patches!
So the tour de donut is three 7 mile loops. Between each loop you eat as many donuts as you can. Each donut takes a minute off your time. Scott was a champ, fast racer and fast donut eater- he ate a total of 7!!! I ate 2 total, one between each lap. I wanted to participate, but definitely wanted the calories I burnt not to go to waste! Here are some more 1on1 ers :)
Rachel and Christa:
Sterling and Nate:
And now a bunch of the crew:
Who doesn't love a good morning bike ride?
And my reward for finishing my first bike race: HALF BAKED :)

2 comments:

Noelle said...

Nice work Stef! I like how you celebrate. Totally my style :)

Emily Holden said...

I'm so impressed Stefanie. You are an inspiration!!!