Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Sick Days

Can you remember what it feels like to be sooo hot you're burning up, but have 10 blankets on because goosebumps are covering your body and you're so cold you can't get warm? Well that's how I'm feeling now. I'm on day 2, and hoping there is no day 3.

I got so bored yesterday that when I woke up this morning, I convinced myself that I was on the up and up. So I got in the shower and put clothes on (way farther than i ever got yesterday) and went to work. I didn't even last 30 minutes. The nurses said I was irresponsible for coming and risking passing my sickness to the patients. By the time I got home my pants had sweat spots all through them and the back, front and armpits of my shirt were basically drenched.

Luckily the days go by pretty fast. I sleep through the night with the help of meds, and then take 4-6 hour naps in the morning and afternoons. And I eat a BUNCH of Popsicle in between. Like 10-12 probably. They cool me down and make my throat feel better. Scott has been so nice to come home for lunch. I may not have anything to blog about for a while, since I haven't left my house for a while... so keep your blogging up everyone- I like to read them between naps :)

1 comment:

Shawna said...

So sorry you're THAT sick--especially during the summer! Have Scott pick up some of your favorite sorbet and that will help too. I'll be in Utah in August--it would be great to see you!
XXOO