Thursday, July 14, 2011

Hummas

This stuff is gooooood.


I love it when Scott approves buying the "extras" at Costco. (Now if I can just get him to go for artichokes!!!) Well anyway, Sunday after church I was so excited! I just could NOT wait to eat so I toasted some pita bread into pita chips with a little olive oil and garlic. I thought I'd done pretty well for myself :)


Until I saw Scott's meal!!! That boy just has a way with food. He seriously manages to concoct gourmet meals with whatever we have in the house! He shared 2 bites of this masterpiece with me because he felt bad for me. That 2 bites was just enough to make me SUPER jealous!


tomato, lettuce, feta cheese, grilled chicken, red onion... who knows what else!


I hope I've learned my lesson and let Scott cook for me in the future, even if it will take a bit longer.


And, we took the plunge and got this bad boy that same day at Costco. After some math in the isle, this turned out to be the best deal for us. It is much better than the Western Family olive oil we've been using until now.


We are trying to get in touch with our Mediterranean roots!

2 comments:

Noelle said...

We LOVE that hummus too! Sabra is the best. Scott probably should have won the iron chef competition, he sure knows how to "plate!" Looks tasty. I love your olive oil spout pourer.

Julie T said...

I dig anything Mediterranean too, speaking of roots! But I did not care for the sun dried tomato Sabra hummus- infact, I think I actually returned it to Costco! And bought their new Avocado Hummus instead! Scott, you have vision when it comes to food. If you like those pitas, you should try my fab pasta salad with olives, red onion, feta, tomato, basil, oregano...I took a gallon of it to the party the other night and not one drop came home!