Saturday, August 6, 2011

I Still Love Lucy!

You guys,

I'm so sad I haven't gotten to posting this until so late in the day.

Because TODAY is Lucille Ball's 100th Birthday!

And who doesn't love Lucy?!?!?!

I Love Lucy debuted on October 15, 1951. To me, this show defines success.

There are really no words that can be used to describe the talent of Lucille Ball. I'm pretty sure she has changed the world.

There literally is no one person on the planet that can say they have never seen nor heard of "I Love Lucy."

You can head over to the Google homepage to see a funny clip today :)

When I watch an episode of I Love Lucy, I can almost always conjure up a memory of where I was and what I was doing when I watched it for the first time. For most shows, that was in bed with my mom laughing and laughing the night away.

If I was ever feeling overwhelmed or sad or just any kind of bad, a half an hour with Lucy always turned my frown upside down.

I mean, I really love Lucy!

And I always will :)

1 comment:

Noelle said...

Wait a sec, she's still alive? I love lucy too but I hate to break it to you that there are probably people on the planet who have never heard of her. Maybe not in the US but definitely on the planet. :) Favorite episode?