Monday, December 5, 2011

23rd Birthday

My 23rd birthday was pretty much killer! Scott and I both worked a half day, and then got ourselves to Tucano's as fast as possible! It was better than I remembered :) The meat, the ensalada caprese, the pineapple! SO good!


After a quick knife demo at Williams Sonoma, we went to my glass blowing class at this shop in Lehi. They blow glass and do stained glass pieces for seemingly every temple in the world. It was pretty cool. I felt like the apprentice to my favorite artist, Dale Chihuly.


He's showing me what I'm about to do.


And now here I am! Gloves, large tweezers and ready to stretch that glass!


Thanks so much Scott for arranging this cool opportunity and making it happen! You're AWESOME!


And then, my Birthday Fondue Extravaganza!


Plenty of food and plenty of friends!


I wish I'd gotten a picture with everyone!


I was so happy that so many friends made such an effort to be there! It was great to reconnect and catch up!


As far as presents go... stay tuned for my BIG present that is a Birthday/Christmas combo!

2 comments:

Noelle said...

Looks like a killer day! I am so sad to have missed the fondue! I'm happy to see some old friends that came by for the party. Way to go Chihuly apprentice!!! Did you get any glass to keep as a souvenir?

Claire said...

Did you show a pic of the glass thing you made?? I wanna see!