Friday, December 9, 2011

Awkward Things About Pregnancy

Here is an awkward post inspired by Betsy.

These are a few things that have happened lately:


1. Having a ~50 year old lady at work that you don't really know or like pat your belly.

2. Throwing up in a plastic bag at the produce section of the grocery store.

3. Putting on "belly butter" daily.

4. Leaving a church meeting early because your clothes are seriously too tight.

5. Gaining 10 lbs in 13 weeks.

6. Weighing less at 20 weeks pregnant than you did a year prior when you weren't pregnant.


7. Someone looking you up and down, then asking "Do you have indegestion?" To which you respond, "No. I am growing a person."

4 comments:

Thad and Christa said...

Oh geez! Ya, people should know its NOT ok to pat your belly! That was a little awkward for me just being in the room, and I didn't have anything to do with it

Heather said...

Wow, that's about the only thing I can say . . . wow.

Great post.

Margene said...

I think you should add walking like a duck.

Not being able to tie your shoes if they still fit.

Then it is all over when that special little person is put in your arm. (making it all worth it)

Leanna said...

Beware with the belly butter. I did too...and it didn't help at all. I hear it is more genetic...some have elasticity and some do not. Sorry about the produce section situation. How have smells changed you? I remember lots of times forcing Ernesto to eat somewhere else far away from me. :)