Thursday, March 29, 2012

On Walking

Life is a lot easier when you make up your mind beforehand about a choice you will need to make. As youth in the church we often hear, “decide now to never drink, and then you won’t need to make a choice when the moment of decision comes.”

So maybe a more practical application for me is to decide at the beginning of the week that I will go to the gym every day before work. Then, when the alarm goes off and I’ve only slept 2.5 hours, I don’t have to worry about how tired I am or how long my workday will feel… I’ve already made my choice. I work out in the mornings.

Well, “work out” is a very generous term. I walk for 30 minutes. Not too exhausting, but I get the blood moving. My back feels better at work, my feet/body don’t get swollen, and hey, I feel better when I go! So here’s to my fourth consecutive week for 6am gym time. Thank goodness Scott is the best workout buddy a girl could ask for. (Debbie - who walks on the middle treadmill- is trying to give him a run for his money, she really loves to chat...)

2 comments:

Noelle said...

Good for you Stef! I'm so proud of you! Having a work out buddy makes all the difference.

Julie T said...

It's a tough thing to do- but one of the most worthwhile! Wish I had a workout buddy!!!