Sunday, March 4, 2012

Valentines Parties :)

What a fun fun time! I meant to host a Valentines party last year... it didn't happen. So mid- January of this year, I started thinking about the invites and doing just a bit of planning.
A few banners...
water bottles...
and sugar cookies later...

We had a PARTY!
It was really great to reconnect with old friends...
Richelle and Kalin
Carly and Ali
Angie and Emilie on the left
Elyse
Annie and Lisa (I wish I got better photos of everyone!!!)
Everyone brought valentines to exchange. We swapped valentines speed dating style. Half the people sit on the couch, and at the ring of the bell, the chair people move down one person. I was a bit worried about the logistics of this, but it seemed to work out just fine!
We had so much fun, I decided to do another party later in the week! Just make a double batch of cookies and leave the banners up and voila- 2 parties with the work of 1! Poor Scott had to make himself obsolete twice in a week... I did feel bad for that!

We have a better group shot from this evening. Back left to right: Jamie, Caryn, Kelsy, Melissa, Maren, Kristen, Elise, Bottom row: Becky, me, Lindsay and Krystel. I was so glad all these ladies would come- they brought cute valentines too!

Elise is due with a baby girl a month before me!
And Jamie, love her!
Kristen, so darling!
And... she brought berries and dip to share- that was a hit :)
People brought such good treats!
We were spoiled!!!
Becky, our neighbor!
Maren wins for best valentine!
And here is mine- almond bark popcorn compliments of Our Best Bites. Love all their recipes!
Overall, it was a busy and lovely week! There is just something about connecting with the girls that is a darn good time! I haven't even told you about the game we played: 2 truths and a lie- relationship style! We had some unbelievably funny stories come out and learned tons about each other.
A few of the most memorable truths:
My father in law walked in on us the first time we ever made out.
My date told me I was his #2 and took me to meet his #1.
I cried between my reception and hotel on our wedding night.
I said I love you first.

So fun to hear the juice and have a girls night!
Tradition?
I think yes.

3 comments:

Julie T said...

So fun to see some of your adorable friends! Welcome home, Elise! I LOVE LOVE LOVE those invitations and cute water bottles! I would look forward to and plan for this tradition all year long! In fact, I may just initiate my own (as soon as more of my friends all have older children!) And as fer Scott, it seems to me he has a few things he does with the boys, too-no worries mate!

Noelle said...

Your invitations and your water bottles turned out super cute. That popcorn looks tasty! Um, do you ever visit my blog any more?

Noelle said...

Your invitations and your water bottles turned out super cute. That popcorn looks tasty! Um, do you ever visit my blog any more?