Sunday, March 13, 2011

Doctor's Order

So Thursday night was rough. My eyes hurt and I just assumed I had a lot of "sleep" in them. But then it got stickier and greener and I knew it was pink eye. I called my sister to find out what to do. She said hot compresses were my best best. And lets just say, hot compresses saved my life this weekend!

Long story short, I went to work, got razzed for being there infecting everyone else, and went on my way to the Insta Care. They told me it would cost at least $140 so I told them "I guess my body will have to heal itself." Then I left.
Back at work, my eyes were getting worse. They got more itchy, sore, pink, puffy and goupy throughout the day. So then I went to a normal doctor which cost $30 and got 3 prescriptions, and a note that said I may return to work/school/church on Monday. BUT, he also said that "It would be helpful to be in good weather- it will help your eyes heal and your body feel better."

So we took the doctor's order and went to Moab, Arches, and Canyonlands National parks! I could be sick on my couch, or I could be sick in the great outdoors, so we chose the latter :)

I wish I'd taken a picture of my eyes at their worst state. This pic was taken about 4am when I was sooo bored in the hotel room. I would walk around just saying "Ouch. My eyes are HURTING and I am scared! They are glued shut!" And then poor half-sleeping Scott would reply "It's okay babe, you are going to be fine. I know it's hurting, you're okay...." all through the night...

We just did a two day thing, so we've had Sunday home to rest up and finish my healing process for work tomorrow. And BTW, we have now paid off the value of our National Parks Pass. They cost $80 and we would have spent $95 by now with our entrance fees just since December. YAY.


4 comments:

Shawna said...

Glad you're a bit better now!

Heather said...

Glad you got to Moab. Sad about the itching and swelling.

Noelle said...

Eeeew. I'm so sorry! That really looks awful. I don't think I've ever suffered from that ailment and I hope i never will!

Phil said...

I am glad you are starting to get better. Sorry they put you on three medications. You trips looks awesome!! Phil