Thursday, March 17, 2011

Tahp O' Dee Mahrnin Too Ye!

(Hint: Read aloud for understanding, or you can skip to the bottom for a translation...)
Tahp o dee mahrnin too ye! Meesulf's neem is Finn, ahnd mee coozin, Stefanie, 'az been koynd enoof tuh leet me bee deh geest wroyter fahr toodee. Woy? Beecahz seenz hahw meesulf's uh lepprkahn eend toodee's mee feevoorit hahleedee, shee tawt eet'd bee uh noyss treet tuh heer frahm uh geenyooin Oyrush lepperkahn! Oy hahmblee ahgree.

Beefahr wee goo eeny fahrthur, teek uh goowd loowk aht yersuhlf. Ahr ye spartin dee Uffishal Calar o dee Ehmrahld Oyl? Shamruck Green? Eff'n yer nawt, ye better gahw uhnd foynd sumptin kweek! Udderwoyse, yuh'll bee giddin peenched awl dee lung! Peench, peench, peench. Awl duh dee lung. Andehrs nuddin dat breengs ahs moor pleejure dan peenchin dee kewt tooshiz o dee lahds en lahsseez hoo fargoht tuh weer green. So eef yer nawt weerin green, gow und geet some uhrellz dee neeks toym ye see meeself'll be royt ahftar ye feel meeself peenchin yersahlf ahn dee toosh. Translation:
Top of the morning to you! My name is Finn, and my cousin, Stefanie, has been kind enough to let me be the guest writer for today. Why? Because seeing as how I'm a leprechaun and today's my favorite holiday, she though it'd be a nice treat to hear from a genuine Irish leprechaun! I humbly agree. Before we go any further, take a good look at yourself. Are you wearing the official color of the Emerald Isle? Shamrock Green? If you're not, you better go and find something quick! Otherwise, you'll be getting pinched all day long! Pinch, pinch, pinch. All the day long. And there's nothing that brings us more pleasure than pinching the cute tushes of the lads and lassies who forgot to wear green. So if you're not wearing green, go and get some or else the next time you see me will be right after you feel me pinching you in the tush.
Hope you're eating corned beef and cabbage for dinner!

4 comments:

Noelle said...

Oh man, I had to read the whole thing out loud to appreciate the accent and when I got to the translation part I was like, oh wow, I can't believe it took me all that time to understand what you were saying. bravo scottie, that takes effort to write like that. We didn't start out the day in green but we did all change and we're good to go. no peeenchin.

Julie T said...

Dunnah be thinkin' you be peenchin' anythin' north o' the Unitas with those bony digits of yorn cuz I be wearin' me greene today as well! But I thank ye for yer wishes and have a wish fer ye also....take yer pick:

1) As ye slide down the bannister o' life, may the splinters never pint in the wrong direction
2) May the good Lord keep ye in the hollow of His hand and never close His fist too tight.
3) May ye live as long as ye want, and ne'er want as long as ye live!

Happy Saint Paddy's Day to ye both!

Sandra and Brent said...

I love how everything is fair game for a celebration, with you two! That's my philosophy also. Live life from celebration to celebration instead of problem to problem! We like to do St. Pat's up big around our house because Brent served his mission in Ireland (69-71). When the kids were little we just dyed our whole meal green. I was happy when we graduated to corned beef and cabbage and trifle for dessert! We used to get out Brent's old mission slides and Brent would tell the kids stories about his mission. In other words, we took a perfectly good Catholic holiday and turned it into "Mormon missionary awareness day"! Stefanie, I hope that your eyes are feeling better. Love, Sandra

Allison Tanner said...

i am with noelle on this. i read the whole thing out loud and then got to the translation and was like oh wow. haha it was great! :) love both of your st patty's day outfits!