Wednesday, March 30, 2011

In Our Kitchen...

We have been doing quite a bit of experimenting in the kitchen lately. Scott usually tells me whether I get a double or triple... I am working toward a HOME RUN! I got REAAALLLLY close on the Itallian sausage soup pictured at the very bottom, but those darn carrots were a little too al dente.


This beef and brocolli was super fast and easy. Scott was a bit horrified that I cut up a perfect piece of meat, but it was a great dish. I am getting more comfortable with garlic and ginger root every day. Scott did a rosemary chicken in our dutch oven the other week. It tasted really great, but honestly, for the same price, Costco does a great job :) ...with zero of the hassle or clean up. I am hoping the Easter bunny brings Scott some cooking twine. He needs it more often than I've ever seen!


Our Valentine's Day breakfast! Chocolate chip pancakes are always a good idea. Especially when the batter is from Lehi Roller Mills :)

Garlic mashed potatoes and steak is a favorite dinner at the Hathaways! Not pictured are the Costco steamed asparagus. Loooove that. Sea Salt and pepper only.


And the closest I've come to a home run: Itallian Sausage Soup! It was DELICIOUS. And, the leftovers are just as good. I had them for lunch every day for a week! By the end of the week, the carrots were the perfect texture :)

So there you have it, a sampling of our "triple" meals. And BTW, we both had dental appointments this week, and we are both cavity FREE :) Hooray!

1 comment:

Janssen said...

Yum! These look terrific!