Sunday, March 20, 2011

Visit from a Leprechaun!

Our St. Paddy's day was a pretty big success. We had fun and embraced GREEN.

On Thursday morning, we woke up to GREEN milk, and Scott's favorite, doughnuts with sprinkles. Green, of course.
I hear a Leprechaun even left a balloon and bag of gold coins addressed to "Scott O'Hathaway" at work. What a SNEAKY little thing :)

AND, the traditional corned beef and cabbage. Scott said it was the best he's ever tasted, but I know I can do better. I can hardly wait to try again next year. Doing the cabbage on the stove with just butter, salt and pepper worked out really well. Like, I actually LIKED it. And who actually likes cabbage? I always just ate it for tradition, so I'm glad it's actually good now!

And then, our disposal exploded. Too many carrot peels. Scott took the pipe off and it sprayed carrot + many other gross things. He was shouting for help, "TOWEL! BUCKET! IT'S ON ME!!! AHHHH!!!!" And then I showed up with the camera :) Scott says he's never, ever seen anyone get a camera so darn fast. That was one of my proudest moments. Good picture eh?

Happy St. Patrick's Day! If you didn't celebrate this year, don't worry, only 362 days until we can do it all over again!

2 comments:

Sandra and Brent said...

My mom exploded my disposal (garberator, as we call it in Canada) with about ten pounds of potato peels! A horrible mess. I didn't think to grab the camera however :) Your corned beef and cabbage look absolutely divine. My kids really look forward to St. Pat's for the corned beef and cabbage. I won't make it any other time of year so that it will remain a treat. Way to be festive!

Heather said...

I must admit, corned beef and cabbage i snow one of my favorite meals of the year. I'm a little sad we only do it once. SO sorry about the garbage disposal, that really stinks! Way to be on top of grabbing the camera to record the moment, though!