Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Oscars Party 2011

We found out on Sunday about noon that the Oscars were on that night! Luckily our party guests could come on short notice. And luckily we had a few veggies and dip supplies in the fridge! We had an impromptu Oscars party with Dane and Korine last year, so we thought we'd make this party 2 years running!

Half-homemade hummus (Costco + our own spices!) LOVE that!

When people arrived, we wrapped the girls in my practice cruise dress fabric, and the boys got to wear Scott's best velvet jacket. Smoooooth.
Dane and Korine Dellenbach

Josh and Katrina Scott

Us :)
We all filled out our ballots during the red carpet. And no changing your votes, house rules!
Korine and I tied for first :)
I wanted "I See the Light" from Tangled to win Best Original Song instead of "We Belong Together" from Toy Story 3.
I am so happy Alice in Wonderland won Best Costume Design!

I was rooting for Hailee Steinfeld for Best Supporting Actress for her role in True Grit.
And... watching the documentary clips made me want to see them ALL.
We busted out a bit of bubbly just before they announced Best Picture.
Our Oscars party is getting more elaborate each year. Maybe next year we will have a red carpet of our own or even do a star walk. Thank Goodness we have a year to plan :)

1 comment:

Noelle said...

What fun :) Great idea on the costuming/photos. I really like the way you "spiced up" that hummus too! Bravo.